Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
The Operations Test Engineering Co-op will perform one or more of the following tasks while working on Acacia's world class optical communication products. The Co-op will be assigned relevant work assignments to challenge them according to their current level of experience and capability. Acacia is well known for developing ground-breaking products in short time intervals. To support production the Test Engineering team must design, integrate, deploy and maintain test automation hardware and software using scalable and maintainable methods. If you have a passion for manufacturing, test automation, working on complex systems and for delivering high quality best-in-class technology, this is a great opportunity.
The Co-op may find themselves working in the following areas:
- Contribute to design and development of test systems and test automation software (National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand)
- Assemble and repair Automated Test Equipment
- Execute manual and automated tests on new Acacia products under supervision of senior Test Engineering team members
- Work closely with senior Test Engineering team members to resolve issues by analyzing Acacia product under test while using various measurement instruments and automated debug software
- Document test equipment and test processes
- Analyze test results data for trends and anomalies
The Co-op will learn to produce high test equipment and quality code that is robust and maintainable.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Master’s degree majoring in Electronic or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of LabVIEW, Python or C/C#
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Highly Desired Skills:
- Passionate about engineering and manufacturing
- Enjoys working with hardware AND software
- Enjoys working in lab environments
- Likes to be challenged to understand system and figure out ways to break it
- Previous internship experience
- Local candidates preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.