Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
The position is responsible for a $100M account using strategic selling skills to manage the sales process through the customer organization from executives to engineers, R&D to procurement and quality to operations. This position needs to collaborate with Acacia PLM, R&D and operations to develop comprehensive proposals and strategies.
Key Essential Functions
- Engage with assigned customer(s) and cover all sites and function groups
- Establish strong client relationships with all levels of Management, R&D, PLM and Supply Chain organization
- Leverage those relationships to maintain and grow Acacia’s business
- Obtain design wins, develop proposals and grab the revenue with support from regional leader, PLM, R&D and operations
- Communicate with factory effectively to provide customer status, market situations and competitive information, etc.
- Manage the day to day business with customers including tasks like forecasting, quoting prices, booking orders, and managing payment issues
- Schedule, manage and attend customer quality audits at both Acacia headquarters and Acacia’s contract manufacturer which includes following up action items that result from the audit
- Deal with RMA requests from customers and potential quality issues on customers’ line or in the field
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in electronic engineering or similar field, or the equivalent qualification in training and experience
- 8 or more years of field technical support, sales, and account management experience, with at least 3 years of experience in the optical communications segment
- Solid understanding of the communications marketplace, platforms and market leaders
- Knows the region’s competitive environment and can develop strategy and tactics to beat the combatants
- Demonstrated experience driving the strategic selling process of high value products at Tier 1 customers
- Track record of interfacing with executives, key decision makers and influencers at target customers
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with Supply Chain Organization
- Tactical understanding and ownership of customer order process from forecasts to shipment
- Familiarity with Quality and Reliability terms and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and Chinese
- Excellent problem solving and solution proposing skills are needed
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
- Regular travel to customers and suppliers is a necessity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.