Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
The Lab Technician supports laboratory operations, performs maintenance functions and completes non-technical routine laboratory tests and procedures under the direction of professional staff. Duties include cleaning work areas and equipment, storing supplies and distributing a variety of items throughout the laboratory.
Key Essential Functions
- Keep laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Document information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data and selecting corrective steps.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory procedures.
- Complete non-technical routine laboratory tests and procedures under the direction of professional staff.
- Associates Degree in electronics or similar field, or the equivalent qualification in training and experience; prior technical lab experience required
- Hands on experience with the maintenance of routine records and reports.
- Experience with elementary laboratory techniques and safety precautions.
- Ability to perform basic laboratory tasks; clean work areas, maintain supplies, and utilize system for maintenance and supply tracking.
- Experience using hand and power tools and light assembly of test equipment racks
- Experience with handling optics is desired
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
- Equipment-related duties require some bending, lifting and reaching
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.