Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
The Software Engineer Intern/Co-op will perform one or more of the following tasks while working on Acacia’s world class optical communication products. The Software Engineering Intern/Co-op will be assigned relevant work assignments to challenge them according to their current level of experience and capability. The Software Engineering Intern/Co-op may find themselves working in the following areas:
- Collaborate with other team members to drive product quality thru enhancing the regression tests and test environment;
- Development and maintenance of in-house tools to increase the team’s productivity;
- Graphical User Interface software development.
- Troubleshooting software bugs within Acacia’s real-time embedded firmware
- Hands on experience with state of the art fiber optic telecommunication systems in a laboratory environment
- Data acquisition and trend analysis
The Software Engineering Intern/Co-op will learn to produce high quality code that is robust and maintainable.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters degree majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electronic or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Python™
- Knowledge of C# or C++
- 3.3 minimum GPA
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Highly Desired Skills:
- Passion about engineering
- Enjoys working w/ HW, optics
- Enjoys working in lab environments
- Likes to be challenged to understand system and figure out ways to break it
- Previous internship experience
- Local candidates preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status