Avast Software (www.avast.com), the maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, Avast is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Germany, and Asia, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talents in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
For our team in Prague we are currently looking for:
Senior PHP Developer
As a Senior PHP Developer, you will become an indispensable part of a team that develops internal web-based applications used across Avast, AVG and other brands.
What you will do:
- Be active member cooperating with product manager and other team members during the development process
- Build products that create value for its users and business
- Work with relevant teams across engineering, sales, marketing…
What we need:
- 2+ years experience with PHP 7.x
- Things you should know
- MVC Framework (Nette, Symfony…)
- Code testing (PHPUnit)
- SQL (MySQL/MariaDB or PostgreSQL)
- The knowledge that could come in handy but it is not a must
- Docker, Kubernetes
- bash scripts
What we offer:
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Relaxed and informal atmosphere
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training system and much more