Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
- Negotiate global spend for assigned commodities on a quarterly basis to exceed COGs targets. Lead operations/engineering team responsible for achieving these goals.
- Lead in the development and execution of negotiation strategies with suppliers, including specific targets for pricing, service, quality, assurance of supply and inventory.
- Contribute to development of the company's strategic commodity objectives and goals, with defined plans for cost savings, risk assessment and mitigation. Define cost drivers, develop cost models and establish “should cost” estimates.
- Continually identify and implement new opportunities for Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance and proactively track the progress toward these objectives.
- Align suppliers and Acacia technology roadmaps through understanding of market trends, future requirements, and suppliers’ technology value proposition
- Develop new suppliers to enable products/solutions to align with Acacia roadmap
- Collaborate with Mechanical and HW engineering to drive sourcing decisions based on not only technology, but cost, assurance of supply and viability of the supplier.
- Be trusted partner and thought leader to product and development team
Supplier Management and Sourcing:
- Implement programs for supplier selection, supplier performance management and supply base optimization.
- Drive commodity sourcing decisions, supplier selection and negotiation in order to meet/exceed COGs by working with Finance, PLM and engineering.
- Negotiate, implement, and provide ongoing management of supply agreements, working with Legal to establish and execute optimal contract terms and conditions with suppliers; including payment/delivery terms, inventory strategies, lead times, price reduction and other strategic issues with key suppliers.
- Drive RFIs and RFPs, and award process for Mechanicals and PCB solutions
- Rationalize supply base and develop targeted preferred supplier list
- Coach suppliers to be successful in Acacia to enable true win-win scenarios.
- Scorecard suppliers and lead business reviews with Acacia and Supplier Executives
- Manage Supplier factory audits with cross functional, component quality and component engineering teams.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- B.S. Engineering or Business discipline with combined 10 years of Purchasing and Manufacturing Experience.
- Preferred M.S. in Engineering and/or MBA with 10+ years of Global Commodity Management, Manufacturing, or Management experience in optical transceiver or subcomponents.
- Direct Experience in Mechanical, Optics, Silicon, ASIC and/or Electromechanical commodities
- Strong, positive, can-do attitude
- Self-motivated and directed
- Demonstrated strong leadership and influencing skills
- Demonstrated experience and exposure with CEM, ODM and JDM Mfg. model
- Demonstrated ability to drive and close cross-functional project initiatives
Weekend Support Required
- Travel Required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.