Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
The Operations Management Data Analytics Intern/co-op will be a key hands-on contributor, interacting with Acacia's internal stakeholders and outsourced partners.
The intern/co-op will study our organizational workflows and processes to recommend and implement changes in order to increase revenue and production. The ideal candidate will be able to translate data and evaluate operations to develop and advise on new projects.
Key Essential responsibilities:
- Evaluate operations procedures and processes
- Identify deficiencies and areas for improvement and redesign
- Apply statistical analysis, simulations, and predictive modeling to analyze current procedures to find ways to improve operations
- Recommend strategies and develop new procedures
- Implement tests processes, policies, and protocols
- Research market and industry best practices, trends and patterns
- Prepare detailed reports of workflow research and improvements
- Create Operations standards and reporting structures
- Design processes and systems that reduce/eliminate manual efforts
- Conduct investigative internal audits and create reports of findings
- Develop workflows to increase production and revenue
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Master's degree majoring in Industrial Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics or Operations Management (Seniors or Masters students only please)
- Previous work/internship experience
- 3.3 minimum GPA
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to manage time well.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.