AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects more than 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business - offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Germany, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
Are you looking to gain valuable work experience in a multinational company? Are you enthusiastic about digital marketing and have strong analytical skills? Avast Software is looking for a smart, motivated university student to join our Online Acquisition team.
You'll be diving deep into the strategies and tactics of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), while enjoying a fun and collaborative work environment. If you want to gain hands-on experience using Google and other search engines to drive website traffic and increase business opportunities, this is the right internship for you.
You will learn how to:
- Run global Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaigns
- Create web content that attracts new customers, increases sales and ranks well in search engine results
- Perform competitive analysis and keyword research across multiple markets and languages
- Discover opportunities for acquiring new links and building partnerships with other online businesses
- Monitor and report key performance indicators such as search ranking, click-through rate and backlinks
- Ensure that webpages are technically sound and optimized for both visitors and search engines
- Keep up-to-date with the newest SEO strategies and techniques, and become proficient with industry-leading tools, such as Ahrefs, Moz, Marketing Miner and more.
- Basic knowledge of online marketing and principles of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Strong analytic skills are a must; experience with Google Analytics is a big plus
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be creative, detail-oriented, proactive and results-driven
- Highly-proficient in Microsoft Office – especially Excel (pivot-table wizards are highly regarded)
- Fluency in English is required, and working proficiency in at least one European language is strongly preferred
- Studying towards a degree in Business, Information Technologies, Marketing, Engineering, or related discipline
What we offer:
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, language lessons and much more
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- Amazing and truly international work environment
Together we work hard, have fun and learn a lot. If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to meet you!