AVAST Software(www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects over 400million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business - offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Germany, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
For our teams in Žilina – Slovakia and Prague, Brno – Czech Republic we are currently looking for a:
Quality Assurance Engineer
At Avast we currently work on products and technologies using GPS, home routers, social sharing, and IoT. We’re looking for a QA engineer with experience in technologies used in the products and ability to build and maintain test strategies. Are you interested in improving the quality of systems used by hundreds of millions of users?
- Participate in all phases of Product Lifecycle. Testing complex security & functions with applications on Android and iOS. Review new requirements and design new test scenarios. Create, review and maintain a test strategy (or its part).
- Develop and maintain automated tests (backend and iOS, Android frontend).
- Active fluent English - CEFR B2.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Hard skills
- Good knowledge of Software Quality Assurance approaches - previous experience required. Experience with bug reporting.
- Programing skills (Python and Java SE, version control: Git).
- Experience with development of automated tests (UI, backend) and JUnit.
- Ability to work with RESTful services.
- General knowledge of network protocolsand user experience with Linux.
- Soft skills
- Sense for non-technical language.
- Be able to communicate in product development team.
- Proactive and innovative approach, look for solutions by yourself.
- Be able to work without documentation.
- BDD principles and tools (e.g. Gherkin, Cucumber).
- Experience with using Android Studio, Android SDK tools(Logcat, monitor, adb), Xcode and continuous integration systems (TeamCity).
We are offering:
- Interesting job in an international team of growing and a very successful company
- Pleasant working environment
Job location: Žilina Slovakia, Prague, Brno Czech Republic;
Type of contract: Full-time permanent role
Starting date: ASAP/NA
If you are interested in this opportunity please get in touch with our Recruiter.