Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia Communication is a leading provider of high-speed coherent interconnect products that are designed to improve the capacity, performance, intelligence and cost of communications networks relied upon by cloud infrastructure operators and content and communications service providers. The Company is headquartered in Maynard, Massachusetts, and has established wholly owned subsidiaries in North America, Europe and Asia as part of the Company’s global expansion. On May 28, 2016, Acacia Communication closed its initial public offering (IPO) in which the company ended the year as one of the top performing stocks on the NASDAQ stock exchange.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performing bank reconciliations
- Performing intercompany transactions and reconciling intercompany balances between entities
- Analyzing and updating foreign currency translation amounts
- Analyzing accounts payable vouchers for accurate general ledger coding
- Performing timely and accurate month end close functions by preparing journal entries.
- Reconciliation of numerous accounts including Cash, Prepaids, Fixed Assets, A/P, A/R, Accruals, and various other accounts.
- Assisting with annual and interim audits
- Assisting the Controller with ad hoc projects as they arise
- Assisting other areas within the finance function, such as financial planning and analysis, technical accounting & SEC reporting, tax, and internal audit.
- Working towards or have achieved a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in accounting/finance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality in dealing with all financial matters
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize within a dynamic fast paced working environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Powerpoint
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status