Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia transforms communications networks relied upon by cloud infrastructure operators and content and communication service providers by delivering high-speed coherent optical interconnect products. Because of our people and technology, Acacia Communication is recognized as a leader in optical/DSP Modules.
If you are an engineering student who enjoys solving complex problems and collaborating in a dynamic team environment, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
Let us help you put those math, physics, programming and engineering classes to practical use by helping our team create simulations, develop detailed physics based hardware/environment models, perform pre/post analyses, integrate software, solve run time optimization, and investigate product value.
- Provide technical support to the Research and Design Department while troubleshooting electro-optical systems and their subcomponents
- Conduct or support system and sub-system testing to validate compliance to requirements
- Generate and implement continuous improvements in build and test processes to reduce cost, increase throughput and ensure Producibility of designs
- Execute experiments and simulations to validate and debug optical components and subsystems
- Build, measure, and debug benchtop and small-volume prototypes, hands-on from initial assembly through data analysis
- Summarize and present results clearly and concisely
- Organize and maintain optical/mechanical lab and database of image results
- Write code to automate repetitive measurements and data analyses
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. level course work majoring in Mechanical Engineering
- Seniors, Masters or Doctorate students only please
- Knowledge of control systems, instrument control and hardware interfacing
- Classes completed: Signals and Systems, Mechanical Design, Beginning optics, Basic Programming Course
- 3.3 minimum GPA
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Highly Desired Skills:
- Passionate about engineering
- Enjoys working w/ HW, optics, mechanics
- Knowledge of Python and Labview
- Enjoys working in lab environments
- Previous internship experience
- Local candidates preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status