Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Reports to: VP Operations, Asia
Acacia is seeking an Experienced Manufacturing Test Engineer that resides within our Asia Manufacturing region. This position will report to the Regional Acacia Operations team and will be responsible for being the primary interface with our contract manufacturing partners on the released Manufacturing Test Processes. The in region Test Engineer will be part of team including Product Engineers, Process Engineers, Failure Analysis Engineers and Quality Engineers supporting production operations for complex OpticalElectrical assemblies and components. The position will work closely with the Test Engineering Development team located in the US and will take responsibility of the consigned test process as deployed to our contract manufacturing partners.
Acacia is well known for developing groundbreaking products in short time intervals and scaling them to volume production quickly. To support new product development and volume manufacturing at an exciting pace, the manufacturing test team is challenged to architect, develop and maintain process automation software using scalable and maintainable methods.
If you have a passion for manufacturing test solutions and want to be mentored on complex systems and delivering high quality best-in-class technology, then this position is calling your name.
Key Essential Functions
- Act as First line of defense between USA based Test Development Engineering and Contract Manufacturer Test Engineering.
- Work independently with Factory to troubleshoot test stationproduct related issues.
- Monitor contract manufacturers KPIs and insure integrity of test process is not compromised.
- Hold contract manufacturing test team responsible to monitor test process yieldsSPC on a dailyweekly basis. Work with the contract manufacturer to identify high failure items and insure issues are resolved by drive to root cause.
- Responsible for continuous improvement with the test process. This includes driving up yield, poke yoke, test time reductions, optimizations, and cost reduction opportunities.
- FacilitateVerify ECN implementation including software releases for test systems, process, applications and product.
- Support launch of new productprocessescapacity into contract manufacturer.
- Manage test capacity implementation as directed
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Electric Engineering, Physics, IT or Computer Engineering
- Strong background in Optics, Electronics andor RF products. This includes design analysis, troubleshooting and support.
- Competency in National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand. Should be able to program and support in both environments
- Experience in software engineering principles and techniques (programming algorithms, source control, deployment techniques)
- Experience with Boundary Scan testing
- Proven experience developingSustaining test systems, fixtures, test process improvements.
- Analytics experience with parametric data sets using JMP, Minitab or similar
- Experience with GRR and SPC process
- Candidate must be self-motivated, have good communication skills, be able to manage their time well and be able to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Ability to travel internationally (North America, Asia) as required <15%
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Strong track record of working with Optical components and test systems
- MS degree
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Experience working on test systems that interact with automated handlers, alignment, or similar in a high volume environment
- Likes to be challenged to understand a complex system and figure out ways to break it
- Familiarity with product labeling solutions a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.