Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia Communications Inc., a leader in disruptive optical and coherent technology, is currently seeking a Test Equipment Design Engineer to develop automated test, characterization, and packaging equipment and processes for its integrated photonics components and modules.
Test Equipment Design Engineer
- Design custom automated and semi-automated systems with significant motion control and automated material handling aspects
- Select stages, motion control, and vision systems equipment for custom manufacturing platforms
- Assist in development of software interfaces for automated test and assembly equipment
- Assist in design of probe equipment for wafer-scale electrical and optical testing of semiconductor components
- Advanced degree in Engineering or related field
- Strong problem solving skills
- Practical mechanical engineering experience
- Knowledge of semiconductor test technology and familiarity with wafer handling and processing
- Experience with motion control, positioning equipment, and vision systems
- Proven track record developing production manufacturing equipment such as automated probe stations, die bonders, wire bonders, or similar is preferred.
- Capability to develop basic control systems in a development environment using LabView or similar
- Demonstrated effective communication, presentation, planning, organization and facilitation skills
- Some knowledge of electro-optical assembly techniques (wire-bond, fiber alignment and attach, die bonding, etc.) is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.