Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia Communications Inc., a leader in disruptive optical and coherent technology, is currently seeking a photonic integrated circuit (PIC) Analysis Engineer to design and run automated testing of PICs and correlate the results to module performance to improve yields and debug issues.
Reporting into Acacia’s Device Verification Test group, this engineer will work closely with our integrated silicon photonics, optical package, module, DSP development, and the operations teams to deliver leading edge, high-yielding, high-throughput processes across Acacia’s product line of optoelectronic components and modules.
Key Essential Functions:
- New product introduction – work closely with RF, silicon photonics, DSP and module design teams to debug and bringup new integrated photonics as well as higher level assembly modules
- Develop test algorithms and calibration procedures
- Define and execute design verification test plans
- Be responsible for design verification documentation and work closely product line management to create and maintain product specifications
Essential Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Master’s degree, or higher, in engineering or related field
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated effective communication, presentation, documentation, planning, organization and facilitation skills
- Extensive knowledge of optical communications, including coherent optical communications
- Knowledge of silicon photonics processing and fabrication
- Experience with fiber optics and optical alignment
- Experience with high bandwidth RF testing
- Software knowledge and test automation, especially based on Python
- LabView programming experience
- C, Matlab programming experience
- Experience with JMP
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status