Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Key Essential Functions
- ASIC Design Engineer will develop ASICs for Coherent Optical Transceiver systems.
- Write specifications to meet marketing requirements and code Verilog RTL.
- Perform synthesis, debug simulations, and guide physical design.
- Engage in silicon bring-up and lab debug.
- Execute on device validation and tasks necessary to reach production status.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree
- Exceptional knowledge of the principles of logic design and implementation
- Experience on managing clock domain crossings and flow control
- Five or more years of ASIC design and Verilog RTL coding experience (outside university)
- Experience with ASIC design tools (synthesis, simulation, equivalence checking, static timing analysis)
- Understanding of ASIC design flow
- Experience Scripting, Linux/Unix environment
- Basic knowledge of physical design (PD) process
- Strong organization and multitasking, as well as problem solving and analytical skills are a must
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in one or more of SOC, DSP, and/or CPU development domains
- Knowledge of Telecom and/or Datacom protocols such as OTN or Ethernet a plus
- Framer/mapper/protocol experience or FEC (forward error correction) experience a plus
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.