AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world's most popular antivirus, protects more than 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 30 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business - offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, with offices in the U.S., Germany, and Asia, AVAST Software employs some of the brightest new talent in the IT industry, from around 30 different nations.
Do you want your next job to have a real impact? What about a place where your work helps more than 200 million users worldwide?
The world biggest AV company opens the position in QA, requiring creativity and reliability in challenges related to both automated and manual testing of the company’s flagship product.
Come up with own solutions to complex problems, join and learn from our crew of QA veterans, making the impossible possible with the power of Python.
Become a Sofware Engineer in QA at Avast Software.
- Create automated tests for our products
- Identify options for test automation and develop these automated tests together with the team
- Ask why and provide the best possible solution
- Bring new ideas for our features. Provide a fresh look on the products and their improvements.
- Create testing tools
- Manually test the products
- Collaborate with other team members and teams
- Participate on analysis and design of our products
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle
- Experience in the QA area for at least 3 years
- Experience in test automation at least 2 years
- Ability to get the things done
- Active knowledge of the English language
- Ability to work in a team
- Passionate for work, eager to solve problems as they arise
- Ability of self-motivation
- Don’t afraid to ask for help
Additional desirable knowledge:
- Knowledge of Python or Java,C++
- Knowledge in software security
- Knowledge in testing Windows programs and services
- Experience in quality assurance methods
- University degree in computer science is a plus
What do we offer:
- Interesting job in an international team at a successful, growing company
- Space for self-improvement in the team of highly skilled colleagues
- Immediate and measurable influence on quality of Avast products
- Pleasant working environment
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Great benefits: food and drink provided all day by the company, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training system and much more
- 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!