Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Reports To: VP Sales APAC
Location: Shenzhen, China
This position is an important position at the company with management visibility. There are three primary knowledge functions to this role:
- The Principal FAE should have a strong understanding how Acacia solutions work in target customer applications. This knowledge will be documented in product literature that customers can easily understand enabling a smooth implementation of our products and technology.
- The Principal FAE should have proven experience with high speed communication systems protocols such as OTN and Ethernet. This means he/she will be able to comprehend the effects of systems impairments and consequent actions.
- The Principal FAE should have proven problem resolution skills. This means he/she will be able to comprehend what customer’s systems and quickly recommend the best solution. Additionally, the FAEs is expected to support Evaluation Board and Module bring up at customer’s labs. Frequently this may result in onsite visits to the customer’s lab. This also includes diagnosing, confirming and solving customer technical issues within the RMA process.
Key Essential Functions
The role of the Principal FAE at Acacia is to provide customer technical support both pre-sale and post-sale.
Pre-sale activities include:
- Contribute feature/function ideas for inclusion in product roadmap
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in the field of engineering, or the equivalent qualification in training and experience
- At least 10 years of design/customer support experience in Optical/Network Communications, including the areas listed below
- In-depth knowledge of thermal design, power supply, clocking and high-speed Digital and Analog layout.
- Network/System/Sub system level understanding
- Comprehensive working knowledge of coherent optical systems
- Proven ability to write/contribute to product documentation: Product Specifications, Applications notes, User Manual, White papers
- Evaluation board support, as well as, customer line card support
- Work with engineering, customers and partners to define/specify evaluation board requirements
- Strategic Partner support - establish peer to peer relationships with engineers at Strategic Partners
- Customer Support - Level 1 and 2 support
- Customer RFI/RFP support
- Excellent verbal and written communications, both English and Mandarin
- Internal/External advocate – ability to advocate for the customer internally while advocating for Acacia externally drawing a deliberate balance between sometimes opposing views and objectives
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
- Frequent travel to customer sites
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.