Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Location: Maynard, MA
The Senior Active Directory Engineer will provide support, implementation, and design services for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the enterprise, including directory and identity management solutions. This is a hands on solutions development and implementation position that requires a successful track record of engineering, developing, deploying, and maintaining business critical systems.
Key Essential Functions
- Resolve and appropriately complete assigned cases and change requests and act as an escalation for support issues.
- Apply new solutions through research and collaboration with their team and determine courses of action for new application initiatives.
- Core infrastructure duties include architecting, creating and maintaining enterprise solutions utilizing Microsoft Active Directory, Windows file and application services.
- Construct global system security policies and providing top-level support for enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Work independently to provide rapid, in-depth IT support.
- Diagnose problems, find the root cause, and provide excellent end-user experience.
- Communicate complex information in an easily understood format to a diverse customer base.
- Implement new software solutions as required by the business.
- Identify and instill industry best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology, a computer related discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years overall IT experience with 3-5 years of experience working in a Microsoft environment.
- An in depth knowledge of Active Directory, File Services, Application troubleshooting, Identity Federation, Windows Server 2012 R2 / 2016 security, and related technologies.
- Experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including On Premise Active Directory, Azure AD, Multifactor Authentication, ADFS, & SSO / SAML.
- Experience with Azure Cloud Computing, Office 365, SharePoint Enterprise Mobility, Intune
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory Sites & Services, Group Policy and PKI
- A progressive advancement in job responsibility including deep troubleshooting technical skills
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users
- Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills. The role requires significant interaction with many different teams across a global company.
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
- Ability to establish new standards for quality, performance or productivity
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers as needed
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Expert knowledge of DNS, DHCP, SMB, DFS-R, DFS-N in a Windows environment
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies
- Develop, documents, and enforces the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the Windows Systems, Active Directory, and related systems
- ITIL v3 Certification
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
- Some travel required 10%, domestic & international
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.