Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
This position ensures contract manufacturers and suppliers meet Acacia’s quality standards and that there are no interruptions in supply for technical or quality reasons. The person in this role will be a highly visible and critically important hands-on leader for Acacia’s rapidly growing and expanding product line, managing a Manufacturing Quality group of 3-4 people.
Will drive root cause understanding and resolution of quality issues and implement effective preventative/corrective actions. Will work directly with sub-assembly, ODM, OEM, and JDM suppliers to ensure that the proper manufacturing controls are in place and effective. Will work closely with the Engineering and Operations teams to implement methods of ensuring that manufacturing quality is built into every product Acacia produces.
Key Essential Functions
- Manage manufacturing quality to ensure no quality escapes.
- Ensure robust quality systems in place for all manufacturing operations and resolve any deficiencies.
- Implement industry leading quality control systems and policies.
- Lead root cause and corrective action for any manufacturing related quality issues.
- Partner with development to ensure appropriate DFx and proactively prevent quality escapes.
- Manage OEM, ODM and JDM suppliers.
- Implement OEM, ODM and JDM quality assessments/business reviews.
- Implement Manufacturing Quality metrics and tracking mechanisms.
- Define and implement Manufacturing quality inspection procedures, Quality NPI procedures and ongoing reliability requirements.
- Partner with Commodity Management and Development to strategically select and qualify a supply base that meets Acacia’s requirements.
- Develop new OEM, ODM and JDM to meet Acacia’s standards.
- Conduct Manufacturing audits, develop improvement plans, and drive to resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in electronic engineering, or the equivalent qualification in training and experience
- 8+ years of experience in manufacturing quality, with 3+ years of experience managing quality engineers in a matrix organization.
- Ability to drive root cause analysis.
- Strong understanding of Statistical Process Control methods, implementation, and analysis.
- Strong technical understanding of Electronic and Optical components.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Quality Systems, SPC, FMEA, Weibull Analysis and configuration management. Strong Lean and Six Sigma knowledge.
- Experience developing processes that comply with ISO-9000 a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with positive attitude and strong customer service skills.
- Superior problem solving ability and highly collaborative.
- Knowledge of electronics and optics assembly/manufacturing process, integration and test in a high reliability environment desired.
- Superior leadership skills.
- Solutions oriented…willing to take ownership to “right the ship” in the face of complex challenges.
- Extensive experience working with advanced, complex electronic and optical components, systems and sub-systems.
- History of working with suppliers to identify and resolve quality issues.
- Familiar with Environmental/Government requirements and responsible for compliance.
- Fiber optic telecommunications experience is a big plus.
- Strong quality data extraction and analysis skills is a plus.
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
- Travel 10-20% US and International
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.