Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
You will be key member of Acacia’s Hardware Team. This position will lead the design of DC-DC switch-mode power supplies and component selection. The successful candidate will work across disciplines to assure power supply designs meet the power, thermal, and safety requirements of the system specification. You will work closely with Acacia’s multi-disciplinary engineering and manufacturing teams to understand the system requirements and contribute or lead the specification, design, and debug of complex power delivery systems for our products.
Key Essential Functions
- Architecture: Lead and contribute to power delivery system architecture and specifications.
- Design: Design, analysis, and simulation of high current and low noise power delivery circuits.
- Debug: Contribute to system bring up, debug, and validation in the lab.
- Verification: Write and execute test and DVT plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in electronic engineering, or the equivalent qualification in training and experience
- Minimum of 12 years of direct industry experience with at least 5 years of direct Power supply design experience
- Technical leadership of PCB layout with respect to various grounding and low noise etch techniques
- Proficiency in high efficiency DC-DC power conversion design, analysis, circuit simulation, control loops, and stabilization
- Good understanding and skills to determine phase and gain margins
- Proficiency in power design component selection and trade-offs
- Proficiency with Spice, LTspice, TI WorkBench, etc. circuit simulators
- Experience in both high current low voltage multi-phase (>100W) as well as ultra-low noise power delivery circuitry
- Proficiency in power supply layout and thermal design rules
- Proficiency in power-up sequencing in multi-power supply systems
- Designing interfaces with Processors, SPI & I2C devices
- Ability to quickly grasp the existing designs and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills to produce Specifications and Test Plans
- Experience in power supply design for leading edge high speed communication devices
- Experience in power supply design for sensitive optical components
- Experience with failure mode analysis
- Good understanding of power efficiency optimization schemes
- Experience with Cadence Allegro and DxDesigner tools
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.