Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Financial Analysis
Location: Maynard, MA
The Senior Financial Analyst for Acacia Manufacturing Operations Finance is a member of the Accounting and Finance team and partners with the Manufacturing Operations (MFG Ops) staff to provide financial support and analysis to the departments in support of daily operating activities. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will provide pro-active financial support on spending analysis and assist with monthly and quarterly close activities. You will also actively participate in the annual budget process and complete periodic forecast updates in conjunction with inputs from the MFG Ops business team. In working with the MFG Ops business partners, you will provide operational guidance; deliver finance/accounting expertise to support operational decision making, approve and monitor related expenses and capital equipment investments and work with the business to optimize spending. You will be responsible for analyzing financial data and creating financial models for decision support and reporting on financial performance in preparation of regular MFG Ops staff reviews.
Key Essential Functions
- Assist in leadership of financial support to the MFG Ops group within Acacia. Includes development and review of financial models that support the business operations.
- Provide decision support with financial modeling, business analysis and financial management reporting.
- Evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advise management accordingly.
- Active participation in the monthly financial close process ensuring that the MFG Ops staff members are appropriately involved and aware of decisions affecting reported financial results.
- Review headcount, spending and capital results with staff members to determine required accruals, performance against plans and completion of forecast updates.
- Responsible for working with MFG Ops team members to complete capital investment and justification analysis and tracking and reporting of capital by project.
- Drive preparation of a monthly financial results performance package to present to the MFG Ops staff including headcount, spending and capital analysis relative to key operating metrics of the business.
- Ensure that the financial reporting processes are in accordance with GAAP and the company's financial procedures, with emphasis on accrued liabilities and identification of potential un-recorded liabilities.
- Participate in the completion, review and presentation of the quarter end accounting memos including Operations allocation, Operations capitalization and Maynard cycle count results.
- Preparation of journal entries in support of the monthly close related to MFG Ops operations.
- Lead the development and submission of the annual department spending budget.
- Lead and monitor an effective financial controls environment with focus on both ICFR related items and other internal controls which support the achievement of other KPI’s. This support will include ensuring that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations, GAAP, SOX compliance and finally processes which ensure the oversight of controls on spreadsheet analysis critical to key ICFR judgements and estimates.
- Assist in the preparation of Audit Committee and Board presentations and support the FP&A and Technical Accounting quarterly disclosure processes including review of business results with internal and external auditors.
- Participate as financial representative on project teams as necessary and other ad hoc projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Accounting or Finance, or the equivalent qualification in training and experience. MBA or CPA preferred.
- 7+ years of financial experience with at least 4 of those years in a decision support role providing financial analysis and interpretation of financial data/results.
- Significant financial/accounting experience focusing on analytical activities demonstrating the ability to get ahead of business outcomes affording communication and transparency prior to the outcome occurring.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize, and work with minimal supervision. Works well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings.
- Prepare and distribute managerial reports and explain financial results to non-financial audience.
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues from all departments including sales, engineering, procurement, manufacturing and all members of the domestic and international leadership team.
- Detail oriented, accurate, timely with strong analytical skills, drives continuous improvement activities within the finance function and in support of MFG Ops.
- Must be able to identify and articulate process issues and attempt to formulate solutions.
- Must be able to work on accounting and operational issues that require communicating with various levels of the organization.
- Experience with large ERP systems. Ability to extract, organize, analyze, and report data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions with data extracted from an ERP system.
- Experience with complex financial modeling and data-driven analysis using current tools and methods.
- Experience with financial planning, forecasting and modeling.
- Entrepreneurial, quick learner, and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable interacting with and presenting to executive-level management.
- Strategic thinker, creative problem solver with demonstrated ability to engage in all areas of operational activities associated with the role.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel with proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, strong knowledge of ERP based environments.
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.