Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Responsible for developing, project managing and coordinating all efforts by the Operations function to successfully introduce multiple major new products to production.
Key Essential Functions:
- Generate, review and manage internal Operations development plans (test & process)
- Develop, coordinate and manage transition/ramp plans into contract manufacturing partners. Provide leadership during transfer from NPI gateway facilities to high-volume facilities (international).
- Lead the Operations-based Product Lifecycle (PLC) commitments for all assigned programs. Ensure deliverables into and out of Operations are in place prior to gate approval.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) to ensure products are optimized for cost, manufacturability, testability and supply chain flexibility and efficiency.
- Lead the Operations team in planning and executing NPI builds and ensure readiness for volume production
- Manage all Operations-related NPI communications, upward and downward through the organization; escalate key issues and present options for resolution to the executive team
- Provide Operational guidance during concept phase of product development
- Develop financial analysis and Total Cost of Ownership for total business solution
- Identify opportunities for NPI business process improvements and drive implementation
- Ensure metric definition/measurement of operational metrics on all assigned projects
- Provide quality management support and issue resolution for assigned projects
- Develop processes and procedures related to NPI
- Manage a successful handoff to sustaining team
- Weekend support required
- Travel may be required (5-10% international)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.