Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Reports to: Manager, ASIC Engineering
Location: Maynard, MA
The ASIC DVT Engineer will perform post-silicon bring-up, characterization and debug in the lab to assure correct operation of Acacia designed ASIC’s.
Key Essential Functions:
- Measure electrical performance of Application-Specific Integrated Circuits.
- Develop test algorithms and calibration procedures/standards
- Program configuration registers.
- Perform post-silicon bring-up, testing and debug in the lab.
- Responsible for debug and bug-fix verification and documentation
- Poll status registers and chip device usage.
- Perform problem localization and root-cause analysis.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- EE or CS Degree and 3+ years of ASIC DVT experience.
- Ability to analyze and document cause and effect relationships (DOE).
- Experience working in a lab environment, with solid fundamental knowledge of power supplies, cabling, and component interaction, the use of scopes and logic analyzers as well as the ability to write and read registers.
- Ability to write scripts (Perl, Python, and/or TCL).
- Solid understanding of HW interfaces such as: I2C, SPI, PCIe and/or UART.
- Experience on analog IP tests or test setup (PLL, high speed IO, ADC/DAC, etc)
- Experience measuring/analyzing thermal resistance and poser characteristics a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.